Post by Admin on Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:41 pm

Good luck!

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://ntc2017.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Group 1 - Match 2 - Freaks vs. LP

Post by Arre on Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:45 am

hey hey ! is sunday 20.00 CEST ok for you?

Arre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arre on Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:10 am

ok, 20.30 CEST confirmed, gonna send you the server login's the next days via PM

Arre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arre on Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:04 am

wtf just saw PM didnt work, here are the logins (its a non fz serv, so fz ppl need to fav first):
tmtp://#join=lpwarserver2
tmtp://#addfavourite=lpwarserver2
pwd: lptrain

Arre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by freakstm on Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:45 am

War finished 3 - 3 but we do not agree with the result.

On map 2 vs 2 it was 4 - 4 and 1st 2nd place finished same time and we had 3rd.

It displayed that we had 1st and 3rd place so we said gg but it registered as a draw. Then they restarted and won the next round.

Naturally we think we should have won.

Great game anyways, only 3 vs 3 sucked specially after that 2 vs 2 tilt  Evil or Very Mad

We would like the admins to decide since they prob know how the plug in works better.

Thank You and best of luck in future games.

If anyone has a print of what happened would prob help.

freakstm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm!Uniwersal on Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:31 am

Plugin is only useful for TA maps, not rounds as it doesn't register with that small of a time difference.

As far as I know the scoreboard is never trustworthy since it's not part of the main Trackmania game, but an addon to a server (like xaesco), so it is reliant on the persons internet to send a rounded up time to the serverhost (basically who has better net at the moment of finish, gets better position in scoretable). But when it comes to ties, the game itself does check for actual order (more than 2 decimal places). So that's why sometimes when 2 players tie, you may witness the player in bottom position receive the point (depending on actual placement, not always ofc). In this case if game says you tied then it was likely so (despite the scoreboard saying otherwise).

Also if we were to make a special rule that every time a player ties with opponent, they'd get equal points then it would complicate things immensely (especially on 5v5 maps as ties are rather common).

So the match stays 3-3

Storm!Uniwersal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:53 am

Sounds like it was a really tight match!

I'm sorry about the situation freaks, but I have to agree with uni. You have to trust that the game got it right, not xaesco. In any case, the only fair thing to do would have been to replay the point, which happened and LP got it. As for the psychological disadvantage this may have caused, this is just part of the competition.

We'll see what Runner has to say, but I'd say keep it at 3-3. You get a well deserved point for the draw.
JaV

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by freakstm on Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:29 pm

I do understand that the draw seems the most fair option. But then again does the plug in affect the game or xaseco?

Whatever is decided is fine with freaks, if it happens again we will know what to do an no one will get pissed of before 3 vs 3 xD

freakstm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm!Uniwersal on Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:36 pm

well as I said, xaesco is not to be trusted in term of ties, but should rather trust how the game acts in that situation. So if the game didn't go to podium screen after that 4-4 tie round, then you tied, despite what the live placement said.

I didn't say 3-3 because it would appear as the most fair choice, but had the game gone to podium screen right after that tie round then freaks would have won the map.

Storm!Uniwersal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:53 pm

Runner here:

I totally agree with Uni. Somewhere i have read that the game calculates with milliseconds, but only displays 2 decimal places.
And as the map didn't end after the tie round, we have to trust the game, that it calculated right.

It's bad, that you had an unsatisfied feeling the rest of the match, but the 2v2 goes to LP.

The match will be counted as 3-3.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arre on Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:59 pm

hey, arre here. one of our teammember recorded the game, within tomorrow i receive the file and then we all can have a look on it (upload needs just long cause somehow file is 17gb ^^ )

i think admin's can decide better if they see how it happened

Arre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arre on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:24 am

sry for the delayed sending, here is the B10 replay: https://youtu.be/Qe-ivxN-2cQ
the round where it happened starts at 14:40 (score was 4-4 there)

Arre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm!Uniwersal on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:40 pm

Ye, score stays as is. I's unfortunate that the confusion got the better of players. Thankfully you had a deciding round even though after that display freaks might've felt like they were cheated out of a point. That was indeed a draw round.

Storm!Uniwersal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by freakstm on Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:17 am

Its fine if its decided it was a draw, and it is understandable that freaks felt like it was a cheated point coz even they said it was gg not only us xD It is not easy to play a round in war after you though you have won, even I didn't notice that 3 vs 3 had started 30 sec into it, due to how annoyed I was xD

Nevertheless, Good GAme By LP Best of luck for following wars.

freakstm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arre on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:00 am

ye it was a rly unlucky situation,but also to you gg and good luck for the rest of the tournament Smile

Arre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top